A once in a lifetime opportunity to RealSwim in one of New Zealand’s most remote, unspoilt and beautiful locations. In Fiordland you’ll find some truly special inhabitants – bottlenose dolphins, New Zealand fur seals (kekeno), Fiordland crested penguins (tawaki), and blue penguins (korora). On a lucky day, you may even see whales, which swim by where the continental shelf comes close to the coast.
The trip… Helicopter (transfers included) in to our exclusive live aboard charter vessel with its own HOT TUB – YES A HOT TUB! Also on board… kayaks, stand up paddle boards, a 4M RIB a fresh water maker and washer and drier. All the comforts while you enjoy RealSwim in a Kiwi paradise.
The Swimming… water temperatures around 14C making this a wetsuit compulsory trip. Swims of between 2-5km (weather dependent and shaped to meet the fitness, ability and motivation of the group) . Fiordland offers so many aspects there is nearly always somewhere ‘weather protected’ we can seek out in order to find superb swim conditions.
Meeting point for the start of the trip would be from Manapouri airport the morning of 10 March 2019 to helicopter into ‘PureSalt’ located ‘somewhere’ in Fiordland.
Please note this trip is limited to 10 swimmers
5 nights, 6 days
10 March 2019
– Morning helicopter transfers
– Introductions and boat familiarisation.
– Acclimatisation swim to enable crew to get comfortable with swim procedures/ allow guests to learn swim procedures/ allow staff to assess swim abilities
11 / 12/ 13 / 14 March 2019
– One fully supported morning swim and one afternoon swim with plenty of down time between. Swim locations depending on weather conditions. Swim lengths minimum 2km / maximum 5km.
15 March 2019
– Sunrise pre breakfast dip ; a final team breakfast before departing for Manapouri airport.
Accommodation on board is
– Bunk room has 3 sets of bunks for 6 people with attached bathroom (4 is comfortable)
– Twin cabin (now double + single bunk) with ensuite -BOOKED
– Twin cabin (now Double + single bunk) – BOOKED
– Quad cabin with shared bathroom is 2 sets of bunks for 4 people
You can request one of these rooms else we’ll assign you a room. Accommodation is available on a first come first served basis .
There is also are guided walking, history, birdwatching, snorkelling and fishing opportunities
Cost is $4500 PP / $1500 deposit / Limit is 10 swimmers.
10 March 2019
15 March 2019
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit is required to confirm your RealSwim booking, non refundable 60 days from swim start date.
- Full payment is required for a booking less than 60 days from the start date.
- Deposits are not refunded for any cancellations within 30 days of the RealSwim start date. Read full T’s & C’s https://www.realswimadventures.com/terms-conditions/
- Please don’t bring the kitchen sink for this live aboard RealSwim Adventures as we’re flying in to the location.
- Other essential equipment – You’ll need gear for all conditions
- Reef shoes or sandals
- Rain Jacket
- Sun Screen
- Sun Hat/Warm Hat
- Sun Glasses
- Goggles x 2 clear and tinted
- Drink Bottles
- Swim Suits
- Warm thermal underGarments/Fleece
- Shorts and light long trousers
- Walking Shoes
- Two Towels
What is included?
Helicopter transfers return out of Manapouri Airport. Five nights accommodation on the live aboard ‘PureSalt’ including all meals and essentials. You’ll have access to hot showers, washing machines, drinking water and a hot tub as well as full safety support for your RealSwimming.
What is the climate like?
Expected water temperature is 14C . There is a large high annual precipitation in Fiordland. Due to the numerous aspects in the sounds we have excellent opportunities to find the lee/ sheltered swimming locations.