23 – 25 March 2018
A three day / two night trip to New Zealand’s Wild West Coast swimming in amazing dark, clear and clean New Zealand lakes
Accommodation Friday and Saturday nights , all boat and swim safety coverage, swim guides, post swim snacks.
What’s not included
Transport and meals
Friday. Christchurch travellers meet at Springfield at 10am for coffee and pre swim briefing followed by an acclimatisation swim. This is normal Lake Lyndon or Lake Pearson on our way west. Lunch is at Arthurs Pass. All swimmers should plan on arriving in Hokitika by 3.30pm.
Saturday. Starts with a Lake Brunner swim
Lunch at the Theatre Royal Hotel, Kumara.
In the afternoon we have a fun pool swim including some coaching and the RealSwim ‘world champs’ at the iconic Hokitika pool follwed by a drink at the loacl wine bar and pizza dinner at Fat Pippis
Sunday. Our Sunday swim is our Lake Kaniere 5km crossing from Han Bay – western side and return . We finish with a lunch in Hokitika at Stella café / visit Charlotte Breeze jewellery.
23 March 2018
25 March 2018
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit is required to confirm your RealSwim booking.
- Full payment is required for a booking less than 60 days from the start date.
- Deposits are not refunded for any cancellations within 30 days of the RealSwim start date. Read full T’s & C’s http://www.realswimadventures.com/terms-conditions/
- RealSwim Adventures will provide you with a high visibility swim hat
- Other essential equipment – You’ll need gear for all conditions,
- Waling shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Sun Screen
- Sun Hat
- Sun Glasses
- Goggles x 2 clear and tinted
- Drink Bottle
- Swim Suits
- Warm Garments/Fleece
- Shorts and light long trousers
- Walking Shoes
- Two Towels
- Insect repellent!!
What is the water temperatures of the lakes? As with any open water swimming the temperature is variable but it’s not unreasonable to expect water temps in the 20C’s for the lake in March.
Are there sandflies? Yup! They say New Zealand would be perfect … if it weren’t for the sandflies! Bring repellant. There are often conditions we’re they aren’t around… such as in the water.
What is the driving time from Christchurch? Three hours.